bitte um Korrektur!!!

• Quote your favorite passages from the book and explain why you like them / why they are important for you or for the understanding of the novel

One of my favorite passage in the book was the end of chapter 12. Here The Giver said:
    “And I’ve thought of a way to help you with the concept of color. Close your eyes and be still, now. I’m going to give you a memory of a rainbow.”
    For me this was a very important point at the reading. Because here at first time I realized that living in community means to live without such a lot great things.
    I’ couldn’t imagine to live without colors, to see no blue sky, no green plants, no sunset glow, only everywhere grey.
    This passage clearly showed me that The Receiver not only received the terrible memories for protection the community members. He also must received things which would be such a great part in their life and would be harmless for they too. So I asked myself: Why it couldn’t be possible for the community members to see colors and what would happened if they could? Are colors connected with some unacceptable?
    But not only therefor this passage is one of my favorites, but also to see a rainbow the first time in life I could imagine as a wonderful experience.

An other passage I very liked is a passage of chapter 16:
    “What is your favorite?” Jonas asked the Giver. “You don’t have to give it away yet,” he added quickly. “Just tell me abaut it, so I can look forward to it, because I’ll have to receive it when your job is done.” The Giver smiled. “Lie down,” he said. “ I’m happy to give it to you.”
    I think here the Givers gratitude became visible. He want to give his favorite memory to Jonas without longer thinking about it. He said he is happy about it and I can understand his positiv reaktion. I think he showed that he not only want to lose his awful memories. In my opinion he is greatful to give him the beautiful memories too.
    For me The Giver seems to be a little bit like the father of jonas and he want to shows him all the positive things which hid in world.
    For me this passage underlined a good developping relation between both which based of confidence and gratitude.

One passage I didn’t liked but for me it was important of understanding the novel, was the last part of chapter 19: (…) He killed it! My father killed it! (…)
    Here the first time I realized that the community is everything else as a perfect world. All of the controled communitylife seems to be a facade.
    They said in their community is no crime, no war, no racism and no pain. Only equality and protection get his way. But to deny that release means to kill s.b., for me that is the biggest crime they can do. And also they didn’t accepted two idantical twins- I think that is a kind of racism.
    They try to protect their community so much that they didn’t noticed every life based on a lie.

537 words

Danke!