Beiträge von Sarah von der Küste

hallo ihr beiden, danke für eure tipps, jetzt kann bei meinem referat ja nichts mehr schief gehen (abgesehen von meiner aussprache^^).
    im text sind wirklich ein paar orginalzitate enthalten, die ich dann versucht habe zu übersetzen...wobei ich dieses zitat im englischen gefunden habe:

A.: Too much mercy often resulted in further crimes which were fatal to innocent victims who need not have been victims, justice had been put first and mercy second.

agatha christie war eine anhängerin der todesstrafe.

noch ein mal ein ganz fettes DANKE!!!!

Sarah

Hallo Leute, ich halte am Freitag ein Referat über Agatha Christie und wollte fragen, ob ihr vielleicht ein mal korrektur lesen könnt.
    Ich habe mein Referat im Form eines Dialoges geschrieben, findet ihr das okay?
    Danke für eure Hilfe!

Agatha Christie

Agatha Christie died on a natural death on the 12th January, 1976 . She wrote more than 80 novels and sold more than 2 billiard books. Their books were translated into 44 languages. She is the most successful authoress of all times and the Queen of Crime. In the following you will hear an interview with her.

R.: Nice to meet you, Mrs. Christie, I really enjoy to give a rare interview with the Queen of Crime, Agatha Christie!
    A.: Nice to meet you, too.
    R.: Mrs. Christie, can you tell me something about your childhood?
    A.: I was born as Agatha Clarissa Miller in Torquay, Great Britain in 1890. I have two older siblings. My family was well-off until my father died when I was eleven years old. It was the end of my childhood. Although we had financial problems, after the dead of my father, I had visited a girls` school in France. My dream was to become an operasinger but I hadn`t enough talent. My mother suggested me writting stories, but my first novel “Snow upon the desert“was never published.
    R.: How came it to your first crimebook with the maincharacter Hercule Poirot?
    A.: In 1912 I met Archibald Christie, who I married in 1914. While he was on the front, I worked in a hospitalchemist`s and learned many useful information about poissons. This knowledge and many Belgian refugees inspired me to the character of Hercule Poirot, a very clever Belgian pension off police officer.I took me time for the story. In 1919 I got my daughter Rosalind. The book “The Mysterious Affair at Styles“ would published in 1920. I have written over 30 books with Hercule Poirot. But I didn`t stay by my old publisher, because he cheated me out of my money and I got financial problems.
    R.: In 1926 you were missed for eleven days, hundreds of police officer and thousands voulanteers were looking for you, what happened?
    A.: I found out that my husband Archibald cheat on me with another woman. I got divorced from him in 1928. In this year I travelled with the Orient-Express, which inspired me to my famous novel “Murder on the Orient Express“. It`s the same year in which I invented my secondly famous detective Miss Marple, an old smart lady.
    R.: I know you have a great interest in archaeology...
    A.: Oh, yes. I took part in many excavations with friends, who introduced me to my second husband Max Mallowan, he is 15 years younger than me.. He is archaeologist because the older I grow, the more he appreciates me.
    R.: Mrs. Christie, you writes not only crimestories, do you?
    A.: No, there also other books which I published under the name Mary Westmacott.
    R.: But what is the special on your crimestories?
    A.: It`s always the same; a murder at the start of the story, few suspects, a closed place and a master detective who convict the murderer.
    R.: But there was a big scandal about your novel “The Murder of Roger Ackroyed“ in 1926. The narrator turned out to be the murdererin the end of the story. A.: My readers were only surprised since it`s another style to write.
    R.: The murderer in your stories will be executed, why?
    A.: Too much mercy often resulted in further crimes which were fatal to innocent victims who need not have been victims, justice had been put first and mercy second.
    I deny myself to passentence on murderer, however, they are an evil for the community, they tear everything in themselves an sow hatred. I want to belive that they were so created that they have come into the world with a birth defect and earn may be even our compassion, nevertheless, one may not spare him. It`s a matter the innocent of protecting.
    R.:Many novels from you were filmed and were performed in theatre. Queen Mary wanted a radio play from the Queen of Crime.
    You were taken up in the London academy of the sciences in 1950 . During the next years you received even other honour, among other things it was lent you of the „Grand masters Award of the Mystery Writers of America “ in 1954. They got the order of the British empire (1956), the honourary doctorate of the university of Exeter (1961) and were taken up in Madame Tussauds wax figures cabinet in 1972. In addition, you received the title „Dame of the British empire “in 1971 , i.e. you may be called lady Agatha, at the same time you also carry the title Lady Mallowan, because your man was raised in the knighthood.
    You have got many awards and you are respected in the sociaty, although you are an emanzipate woman in an not-yet-emanzipated world.
    Do you think to be a woman prevented you from something?
    A.: If I was born once again, I would like to be a woman -always!
    R.: Thank you for the interview, Agatha Christie, the Queen of Crime!
    A.: You`re welcome!