Korrektur lesen: Referat über Agatha Christie

• Hallo Leute, ich halte am Freitag ein Referat über Agatha Christie und wollte fragen, ob ihr vielleicht ein mal korrektur lesen könnt.
    Ich habe mein Referat im Form eines Dialoges geschrieben, findet ihr das okay?
    Danke für eure Hilfe!

Agatha Christie

Agatha Christie died on a natural death on the 12th January, 1976 . She wrote more than 80 novels and sold more than 2 billiard books. Their books were translated into 44 languages. She is the most successful authoress of all times and the Queen of Crime. In the following you will hear an interview with her.

R.: Nice to meet you, Mrs. Christie, I really enjoy to give a rare interview with the Queen of Crime, Agatha Christie!
    A.: Nice to meet you, too.
    R.: Mrs. Christie, can you tell me something about your childhood?
    A.: I was born as Agatha Clarissa Miller in Torquay, Great Britain in 1890. I have two older siblings. My family was well-off until my father died when I was eleven years old. It was the end of my childhood. Although we had financial problems, after the dead of my father, I had visited a girls` school in France. My dream was to become an operasinger but I hadn`t enough talent. My mother suggested me writting stories, but my first novel “Snow upon the desert“was never published.
    R.: How came it to your first crimebook with the maincharacter Hercule Poirot?
    A.: In 1912 I met Archibald Christie, who I married in 1914. While he was on the front, I worked in a hospitalchemist`s and learned many useful information about poissons. This knowledge and many Belgian refugees inspired me to the character of Hercule Poirot, a very clever Belgian pension off police officer.I took me time for the story. In 1919 I got my daughter Rosalind. The book “The Mysterious Affair at Styles“ would published in 1920. I have written over 30 books with Hercule Poirot. But I didn`t stay by my old publisher, because he cheated me out of my money and I got financial problems.
    R.: In 1926 you were missed for eleven days, hundreds of police officer and thousands voulanteers were looking for you, what happened?
    A.: I found out that my husband Archibald cheat on me with another woman. I got divorced from him in 1928. In this year I travelled with the Orient-Express, which inspired me to my famous novel “Murder on the Orient Express“. It`s the same year in which I invented my secondly famous detective Miss Marple, an old smart lady.
    R.: I know you have a great interest in archaeology...
    A.: Oh, yes. I took part in many excavations with friends, who introduced me to my second husband Max Mallowan, he is 15 years younger than me.. He is archaeologist because the older I grow, the more he appreciates me.
    R.: Mrs. Christie, you writes not only crimestories, do you?
    A.: No, there also other books which I published under the name Mary Westmacott.
    R.: But what is the special on your crimestories?
    A.: It`s always the same; a murder at the start of the story, few suspects, a closed place and a master detective who convict the murderer.
    R.: But there was a big scandal about your novel “The Murder of Roger Ackroyed“ in 1926. The narrator turned out to be the murdererin the end of the story. A.: My readers were only surprised since it`s another style to write.
    R.: The murderer in your stories will be executed, why?
    A.: Too much mercy often resulted in further crimes which were fatal to innocent victims who need not have been victims, justice had been put first and mercy second.
    I deny myself to passentence on murderer, however, they are an evil for the community, they tear everything in themselves an sow hatred. I want to belive that they were so created that they have come into the world with a birth defect and earn may be even our compassion, nevertheless, one may not spare him. It`s a matter the innocent of protecting.
    R.:Many novels from you were filmed and were performed in theatre. Queen Mary wanted a radio play from the Queen of Crime.
    You were taken up in the London academy of the sciences in 1950 . During the next years you received even other honour, among other things it was lent you of the „Grand masters Award of the Mystery Writers of America “ in 1954. They got the order of the British empire (1956), the honourary doctorate of the university of Exeter (1961) and were taken up in Madame Tussauds wax figures cabinet in 1972. In addition, you received the title „Dame of the British empire “in 1971 , i.e. you may be called lady Agatha, at the same time you also carry the title Lady Mallowan, because your man was raised in the knighthood.
    You have got many awards and you are respected in the sociaty, although you are an emanzipate woman in an not-yet-emanzipated world.
    Do you think to be a woman prevented you from something?
    A.: If I was born once again, I would like to be a woman -always!
    R.: Thank you for the interview, Agatha Christie, the Queen of Crime!
    A.: You`re welcome!

• hallo Sarah

zuerst sei gesagt, dass ich dein referat für sehr gelungen halte. ich möchte aber dennoch ein paar kleine änderungen vorschlagen ;)

Zitat

Agatha Christie died on a natural death on the 12th January, 1976

- wenn du es so stehen lässt, dann zumindest ohne "on". aber es hat schon den touch eines .. polizeiberichtes. wie wäre es, wenn du schreibst, dass sie entgegen vieler ihrer Romanhelden eines natürlichen Todes starb. oder dass sie entgegen vieler ihrer romanhelden keines unnatürlichen todes starb?

Zitat

She wrote more than 80 novels and sold more than 2 billiard books

hat sie die bücher verkauft? alle? ;)
    "mehr als 2 Mrd Bücher wurden verkauft"

Zitat

In the following you will hear an interview with her

ich fände es besser, wenn du deutlich machen würdest, dass das folgende interview fiktiv ist.

Zitat

R.: Nice to meet you, Mrs. Christie, I really enjoy to give a rare interview with the Queen of Crime, Agatha Christie!

give? hm. "ich bin erfreut, dass sie mir eines ihrer seltenen interviews geben" (grant an interview)

Zitat

My mother suggested me writting stories, but my first novel “Snow upon the desert“was never published.

"writing" und bzgl des "me" glaube ich, dass es nicht hingehört. besser wäre: stattdessen schlug meine mutter vor, geschichten zu schreiben. Aber leider ...

Zitat

R.: How came it to your first crimebook with the maincharacter Hercule Poirot?

:-> naja. stolperenglisch...

"wie sind sie auf die idee gekommen, "

Zitat

A.: In 1912 I met Archibald Christie, who I married in 1914. While he was on the front, I worked in a hospitalchemist`s and learned many useful information about poissons. This knowledge and many Belgian refugees inspired me to the character of Hercule Poirot, a very clever Belgian pension off police officer.I took me time for the story. In 1919 I got my daughter Rosalind. The book “The Mysterious Affair at Styles“ would published in 1920. I have written over 30 books with Hercule Poirot. But I didn`t stay by my old publisher, because he cheated me out of my money and I got financial problems.

and we married in ...
    besser: pharmacy und "at" und "poisons"
    inspired me, creating the character...
    einen cleveren belgischen PolizeiOfficer im Ruhestand
    Meine Tocher wurde geboren
    would published? was published, oder?
    over --> besser: mehr als 30 bücher mit H.P. als Protagonist.
    didn't stay with
    und das mit den fin. problemen.. naja. ehrlich gesagt denke ich, dass eine A. Christie als Engländerin so etwas nie erwähnt hätte ;)

Zitat

R.: In 1926 you were missed for eleven days, hundreds of police officer and thousands voulanteers were looking for you, what happened?

volunteers

Zitat

A.: I found out that my husband Archibald cheat on me with another woman.

wie wäre es mit "discovered, my .... was cheating ..."

Zitat

R.: Mrs. Christie, you writes not only crimestories, do you?

aua. wer ist R.? Lothar Matthäus? ok, der war gemein..
    entweder als frage: "schreiben sie eigentlich nur krimis?"
    oder "sie schreiben aber nicht nur krimis". am besten mit partizip.

Zitat

who convict the murderer.

in dem kontext ist convict aber meiner meinung nach nicht richtig. der detektiv spricht den täter ja nicht schuldig. er überführt ihn des verbrechens. in dem zusammenhang passt dann besser: er beweist dessen schuld. proveS someones guilt

----
    uff.. erstma pause. das dauert ja mal wieder... :rolleyes:

• Zitat

to be the murderer in the end of the story.

Leerzeichen eingefügt

Zitat

A.: My readers were only surprised since it`s another style to write.

erwähnte ich schon, dass die Benutzung von Accent grave/circonflex (` & ´) als Auslassungszeichen eine unsitte ist? :rolleyes:
    Shift+# ist dein freund

Zitat

A.: Too much mercy often resulted in further crimes which were fatal to innocent victims who need not have been victims, justice had been put first and mercy second.

schreibs um.
    "zu viel gnade" - das ist wie ein bisschen schwanger. entweder gnade oder keine gnade.
    wobei ich grad nicht so recht weiß, was du ausdrücken willst. Gande hat den tenor von "Haftverschonung". und dazu kams doch auch nicht. wenn du aber sagen willst, dass die Todesstrafe (war Christie eine anhängerin?) weitere Verbrechen verhindert, dann schreibs so.

Zitat

I deny myself to passentence on murderer, however, they are an evil for the community, they tear everything in themselves an sow hatred. I want to belive that they were so created that they have come into the world with a birth defect and earn may be even our compassion, nevertheless, one may not spare him. It`s a matter the innocent of protecting.

uff. das klingt wie wild zusammengemixte originalzitate... ich kann ungefähr erahnen, was du sagen willst... nur .. ähm.. schreibs um. knapper, prägnanter.

Zitat

R.:Many novels from you were filmed and were performed in theatre.

from you... aua. Lots of your novels were filmed and also performed at theatres.

• soweit mein englisches sprachverständnis geht, gibt es im englischen keine "billiard". es gibt höchstens ein spiel, das sich so nennt.

eine million ist a million
    eine milliard ist a billion
    eine billion ist a trillion
    eine billiard it a quintilion
    eine trillion ist a quartillion
    ... und so weiter bis sextillion, septillion, octillion, nonillion, decillion, undecillion, dodecillion, ...

agatha hat laut wiki 2 mrd bücher verkauft, das sind also two billion books

lieber richard, hoffe das stimmt so, ansonsten will ich gern auch was lernen :)

• bah, das mit der billion hab ich auch total überlesen :(

ich mach gleich mal weiter...
    besser ohne quotes.. das bläht das unheimlich auf *jetzt erst seh*

You were taken up in the London academy of the sciences in 1950.
    --> accepted as a member

During the next years you received even other honour, among other things it was lent you of the „Grand masters Award of the Mystery Writers of America “ in 1954.
    "other things"... :rolleyes:
    schreib einfach, dass sie 1954 den (...) Award bekam. und nix von "other things"

They got the order of the British empire (1956),
    wer ist jetzt "they"? ihre bücher?

the honourary doctorate of the university of Exeter (1961) and were taken up in Madame Tussauds wax figures cabinet in 1972.
    ---seit 1972 sind sie bei tussauds als wachsfigur zu sehen

In addition, you received the title „Dame of the British empire “in 1971 , i.e. you may be called lady Agatha
    .. Lady

You have got many awards and you are respected in the sociaty,
    --- society und wie oft willst du noch auf den vielen awards rumreiten?

although you are an emanzipate woman in an not-yet-emanzipated world.
    bitte?!

Do you think to be a woman prevented you from something?
    --- was genau willst du damit ausdrücken?

-----
    sorry, wenn das irgendwie wie ein verriss rüberkommt, aber es fing gut an, ging dann aber leider immer mehr in so ein unschönes stolperenglisch über, das man erhält, wenn man einfach stur deutsche syntax übersetzt. ;)

vielleicht wäre es hilfreich, wenn du tatsächlich englischsprachige literatur wenigstens ab und an liest. viele tageszeitungen sind doch frei im netz...

Gruß

• hallo ihr beiden, danke für eure tipps, jetzt kann bei meinem referat ja nichts mehr schief gehen (abgesehen von meiner aussprache^^).
    im text sind wirklich ein paar orginalzitate enthalten, die ich dann versucht habe zu übersetzen...wobei ich dieses zitat im englischen gefunden habe:

agatha christie war eine anhängerin der todesstrafe.

noch ein mal ein ganz fettes DANKE!!!!

Sarah