• Hallo Zusammen,

Könntet ihr vielleicht hier einmal drüber lesen, ob ihr Fehler seht, bzw welche ihr seht, weil da bestimmt Fehler sein werden :rolleyes: Ich bin furchtbar schlecht in Englisch (dabei war ich es früher nicht).

Present Continuous:

(i) The children are so quiet. I wonder what they are doing.
    (ii) Gwyn Williams is working in a factory.
    (iii) Mrs. Williams and her neighbours know Rob Milligan and his gang only too well.
    (iv) Our son spends most of his time with his car.
    (v) I´m afraid my son is not at home. He is riding his bicycle.
    (vi) She never spends more than L20 a week.

Ich werde Freitag nocheinpaar Aufgaben davon hier einstellen, die ich gerade nicht hier habe, bis dahin.. vielen Dank
    Der Rest ist richtig!

• Hallo,
    hat ein bisschen länger gedauert, als ich dachte… Hier hab ich noch ein paar Aufgaben, wo ich nicht sicher bin, ob sie richtig sind.

1)

(i) Jim Williams is an ordinary type. Jim is quiet and he is bored with his job and in his free-time. I think he is dissatisfied with his life.
    (ii) Jim is jealous and scornful of his brother, Gareth, because Gareth is cleverer and elder than he. Gareth doesn´t need to work, he is still at school.
    (iii) He spends a lot of time for his motor-bike. He loves taking it to pieces and putting it together again. And he takes his bike onto the motorway and tries to ride it at 100 m.p.h.
    (iv) No, Jim doesn´t have a girlfriend.
    (v) Rob Milligan and his gang are often involved in fights which disturb the neighbourhood.
    (vi) Gwyn Williams says that they ought to be locked up. And that he doesn´t having him going about with them.???????????????
    (vii) Jim like s to ride his motor bike at great speed, because he is bored with his job and when he is free.

2)
    hier geht es um die richtigen Prepositionen:

(i) Mr. Heath is a member of the Conservative Party.
    (ii) The sports car raced along at 120 miles per hour.
    (iii) My brother is in love with the girl next door.
    (iv) Jim never takes part in family discussions.
    (v) Is he jealous of his sister´s success?
    (vi) Gwyn Williams left Cardiff at the age of 15.
    (vii) You can´t take a bicycle onto the motorway.
    (viii) Do Susan and Charles have much in common?
    (ix) When my son isn´t at school or playing football, you can bet he is on his motor-bike.
    (x) We were all terribly bored by last night´s T.V. programme.

4) Hier sollten die folgenden Sätze richtig übersetzt werden, besonders beim ersten und zweiten Satz habe ich Zweifel:
    (i) Why doesn´t he get himself a girlfriend?” says Gwyn
    (ii) how do you know he hasn´t got one?” asks Mary.
    (iii) I get on well with my boss.

(i) “Warum bekommt er selbst keine Freundin?” sagt Gwyn.
    (ii) “Woher weißt Du, dass er keine hat?” fragt Mary.
    (vi) Ich komme gut mit meinem Chef aus.